Pages

IT'S NOT ALWAYS EASY BEING A MORNING PERSON






 


NOT EASY...for anyone except me...I'm a morning person, and I love it.  My husband, not so much.

Take this morning for example.  I fell asleep at 7:30 p.m. last night, so needless to say, I'm up even earlier than usual (3 a.m.) .  Poor hubby, if he even moves a muscle, I start talking. Thank goodness after 25 years he's very use to my morning personality. First I usually tell him about whatever I dreamt about last night.  Can't wait too long or you forget, even if you tell yourself you are going to remember.    #1 I tell him that I dreamt that I was asked to be in a baton twirling demonstration.  Having been a baton twirler in high school, I was to come back to school with two others to demonstrate baton twirling to an assembly of high school students. What seemed like hours in my dream, I was trying to find my outfit (red and white satin with gold buttons and red briefs).  I located them, they did fit, I think.  But over and over I was trying to twirl my baton.  Sometimes successfully, sometimes not.  And interspersed in this dream, I was wondering, it seemed like (consciously) where my old batons actually were.  #2 I also said that since we are closing on a house (tomorrow) that we are going to use for an ARB&B,  that we should (after closing) go room by room and make up a 'to do/fix' list and bring whatever tool we would need to pull up the carpet in one room and hopefully find that the beautiful maple flooring is also under the only carpeting in the house.   My third and last question was why did he think that our roosters crow at 3:30, it's winter, not even light out yet.  He either said that he didn't know or told me that he was still sleeping (he wears a CPAP, it's hard to tell what he's saying).  I'll go with the "I don't know".  Could have been "Shut the Hell up"...who knows.

I'm up...he's going to try and go back to sleep...he went to bed (in the chair) early also.  Nope, he's up also.  It's now 6 a.m. and it's still dark out.  He's sitting on the edge of the bed talking about his plans for the day...I guess he's sort of a morning person also, or at least very tolerate of the one he married.

Another issue...the first outfit I pull on in at this early hour.  Anything goes...I currently have on chicken print pj bottoms, a chambray shirt (incorrectly buttoned...it's dark) and my snow boots.  Whatever is closest....cause, I'm up, I've got things to do.  I run out and feed our outdoor cat...would love to bring her in, but outside is all she has ever known and seems to be doing fine.  And then usually sit down at my laptop and get up a hundred times warming up tea, feeding the dogs, starting a load of laundry, putting wood in the wood stove, looking for the Pecan Delights I bought at K-Mart last night, etc. I give up, can't find those chocolate/caramel turtles, settle for french onion dip and crackers.  I can eat pizza for breakfast....do a few side stretches, toe touches, pick up left over crumbs  of dog treats while I'm down there....

We both retired just a few weeks ago, right before we moved.  Our schedule is pretty darn flexible at the moment. We are in a much smaller home now, so doing anything in the middle of the night can be disturbing to anyone that 'might' still be sleeping.  We moved from a big 5 bedroom house to a 600 sq. ft. log cabin from the 1800's....a lot of togetherness.  So, anything that I do in the early morning is within feet of my sleeping (?) husband.

I decide to go outside, throw on a sweater and grab a flashlight to check on our outside animals. We have chickens/peacocks/sheep and a llama.   Everyone seems fine.  I specifically wanted to check on our shire llama.  We haltered him yesterday because he would not leave the sheep alone.  He is intact and needs to be neutered....so, we called a Vet to come out today and band his scrotum.  Being the city gal with a country heart that I am, after all of our rams were neutered the first time, I was walking in the pasture and found this dried up looking object and brought it in to my husband not knowing what it was.  Well, it was a dried up set of nuts from one of the rams.  They dry up, fall off....that's how it works....Oh.....Now I know....not sure how I thought it all happened...I was just busy apologizing to all of the rams during the event.  After they have been banded, they moon walk for awhile, wondering what happened, kind of funny.

Back in the house, hubby coming out of the shower to greet this oddly dressed, hair not combed lovely that he greets every day....he understands and loves me as I am,  I'm pretty sure....

I love early mornings...so many plans to make, a quiet time to reflect and be grateful...be present as our world wakes up.  It's snowing lightly and so beautiful.

 A new day to use as we like, no others like it before, no others like it ever again.  I just like to start it a little earlier than most....













Come Along On Our Journey to Become as Self-Sufficient as Possible

COME ALONG ON OUR JOURNEY TO BECOME AS SELF-SUFFICIENT AS POSSIBLE....

  My husband and I were both born and raised in Chicago and the suburbs of Chicago.  We loved all of the wonderful museums, stores, restaura...