Pages

RENNOVATION CAN BE FUN..WELL, REWARDING ANYWAY

Rennovation is my husband and my middle name. Everything I look at, I view as a potential story or a picture. Together, my husband, a contractor/carpenter, and I look at anything and picture what it could be. We've rennovated quite a few buildings, mostly historic buildings in S.W. Wisconsin. It is our labor of love and we can't seem to quit (even when we say - this is the last, or no more). We see buildings as living things that just need some love and they will return to their former functional, beautiful self. Here is the building that we own and are curently working on - weekends (we both work more than full time for others). This building is the Cyrus Woodman House and is located in Mineral Point, WI. It was a single dwelling at one point in the 1800's, early 1900's and it was originally two levels - walk out and 1st floor. We cannot pinpoint when the 2nd above ground level was added. It was 'remodeled - hacked apart' during the 40's - possibly earlier. It was made into 4 apartments. There have been several residents that have lived there for the greater part of their lives. When we purchased it, we made much needed structural improvements, and have been for several years now, finally we were able to get to the fun stuff - the cosmetic (my specialty). We still have landscaping to do this summer. Currently we are adding two more apartments to the building (dividing one large one and renovating the walk out). It is such a win-win situation, the neighborhood loves the improvements, the residents love it and I'm sure the building is smiling too. Enjoy.

Come Along On Our Journey to Become as Self-Sufficient as Possible

COME ALONG ON OUR JOURNEY TO BECOME AS SELF-SUFFICIENT AS POSSIBLE....

  My husband and I were both born and raised in Chicago and the suburbs of Chicago.  We loved all of the wonderful museums, stores, restaura...